Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bittersweet...

As I'm preparing these cute presents for Tanner's teachers for his last day, it suddenly clicked in my head, "OMG...tomorrow is Tanner's very last day of preschool!!!"

(Cue panic attack)

Holy cow...how did that happen?? I know, I know, every parent goes through this, but seriously...how did that happen?!? I can't believe that tomorrow will be the very last time that my baby will climb the stairs to an amazing adventureland of learning and friends and toys and excitement. It just baffles me that this time has come. And even more so, that in a few short months my baby will take his first step into elementary school.

My son knows his letters and numbers. He can read a handful of words, write his name, and do simple addition. He loves books and learning and making new friends. I have no doubt he is going to excel...in fact, I am certain.

They have all kinds of checklists to make sure he is all set for kindergarten....but where is one for mama? How do I prepare myself to drop him off to a new classroom with a new teacher and new friends? How do I keep my emotions hidden so that he can remain excited and confident? Is it ok if I cry?

Whether I'm ready or not, the big day is just around the corner. No doubt the summer will go by in a blur.....just like the last 5 years.

No comments: